Wikipedia

Search results

Tuesday 24 April 2018

So long and thanks for all the fish


We won on the weekend!  (I have yet to watch the highlights though.)

When it comes to Arsène Wenger, I do think that it is time for him to leave.  I am glad that it will happen at the end of the season. Arsenal and English football owes a lot as he has transformed both. The downside is that while other teams have adapted and evolved to cope with how he improved Arsenal, he was not able to do so as well.  Things would have been different if Birmingham City had not broken Eduardo's legWe were to win the title that season, but that injury destroyed the team and we fell apart instead.  Players left and then things spiralled downhill.

When Leicester won the title, they deserved to do so, but Arsenal, who were top of the league on New Years should have won it then.  The failure to do so, and the lucky set of results that allowed us to pip the scum to second place on the last day of the season was down to Arsène Wenger.  Do not get me wrong, he is a great manager and will probably win trophies if he takes up the job offers that will come his way, but it was time for him to leave.

Anyway, I wish him the best for the rest of the season (I think that we will win on Thursday, but lose the away leg and get knocked out), and I wish him the best after he hands Arsenal over to our next manager.

I cannot embed these videos, but take the time to watch them and enjoy them.
Arsenal 2-1 Barcelona
Inter 1-5 Arsenal
Real Madrid 0-1 Arsenal
Milan 0-2 Arsenal





No comments:

Post a Comment