Wikipedia

Search results

Monday 25 December 2017

Day 13 in Sri Lanka

Well that was an interesting Christmas Day.  I went out for a walk when everyone had started to wake.  I was hoping to go for a walk with others, but I felt that would not work out (I was later proved wrong).
 After a morning stroll around Nuwara Eliya, (where I saw this transformer,) I returned for breakfast and then handing out the presents.  Lunch was served afterwards and after the afternoon walk which I thought might not happen we went out about town.

We got to see a market, try the worst Espresso I have tasted and later return (for my wife and I) to the Grand Hotel.  We had stayed here for our honeymoon and the place is smarter than before.  And the Thai restaurant we went to looked amazing.  But we did not think so during all the 75 minutes that we waited for our food.  And the order was wrong.  But we did get a free meal and the hotel manager was very apologetic.

Maybe we should have remembered that it was our 13th day!

No comments:

Post a Comment