Wikipedia

Search results

Sunday 12 February 2017

You know you're getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.

My Mum has kindly come up for half term which has meant that my wife and I were able to go out to a birthday party last night.  And we danced and danced and did I mention that we danced last night?  On the way to get my mother, while I was at work, my son, when playing Pokémon, dropped the iPhone of my wife, into a puddle.  Luckily he survived, as did the iPhone.  My Mum had brought up the kids a magnetic dart board which they were eager to play on, but I did not have the time to look at it.  I have to admit, when I heard that she had brought a dart board, I thought it was one with proper darts, and the images of darts in the head of my kids came to mind, but I should have had more faith in my mother.  After all, she brought up me and my two brothers, essentially by herself and we are intact still!

So this morning, we got things ready for lunch, and before lunch my mother and the kids went for a walk to the shops.  I keep trying to get them to exercise and while normally we would ride our bikes, I felt it was important to spend time with my mother.  Later today, we got to play darts, and though there was a slight argument doing so, things improved.  And we got to watch The Voice again.

And last of all, with chess, one more tournament has been completed since my last post on this topic.  This time, I finished at what I consider to be a respectable 167th, which does not sound too good, but it was in a tournament featuring 1419 players.  However, I have not done as well in my recent matches and my rating has dropped.  But I am still learning, as are the kids (though reluctantly).



And this might make you laugh.

A blonde stormed up to the front desk of the library and said, "I have a complaint!"
"Yes, ma'am?"
"I borrowed a book last week and it was horrible!"
"What was wrong with it?" asked the librarian.
"It had way too many characters and there was no plot whatsoever!"
The librarian nodded and said, "Ahh. You must be the person who took our phone book."

No comments:

Post a Comment