Wikipedia

Search results

Tuesday 23 August 2016

Our first proper weekend back


Well, it has been a while since we have had a weekend at home with our holiday in France.

At the end of last week, my wife took her mother back to her home and stayed over there.  This meant that on Friday the kids went to Madame Tussaud's.  I have not been there since I was a child, and we had intended to take them there for ages.  But they went without me (sniff) and they had a great time.  When they came back on Saturday, I had been to work and got back to wait for them.  It was great seeing all three of them, absence does make the heart grow fonder.

On Sunday, we went out for a meal, but before then, it was the first bike rides of the holiday.  First, it was my daughter who now is even faster than before.  At the end of the ride with her, I was out of puff, and then, after a rest, took my son out.  And he is getting better at tackling hills as well.  I am determined that they are both to get fitter and cycling is a way that I can do so as well.  Saying that, we have discussed the option to swim as well, but that may come later. The meal was amazing, and once back at home I was finally able to watch the football.

Now on the game against Leicester, Arsenal were fortunate.  There were some decisions that could have gone against us, two penalty ones, and the other was when a second yellow card was not issued.  Saying that though, we look like we are going to be feared once more.  So long as our defence is protected properly.  The Ox was amazing and it is always great to see Ozil play.  And Cazorla almost got a goal from one of his fantastic free kicks.

And now an update on chess.  I have had a fantastic win but sadly have not won the following tournaments.
1st Amateur Arsenal Chess Championship
CCC Less Than 1300 Tourney
Queens Gambit
TSS Head-to-head tournament #3
ICC Division 2
Still I hope to do better in other games.

No comments:

Post a Comment