Wikipedia

Search results

Saturday 2 July 2016

Want to hear a Potassium joke? K

Well ignoring the Brexit vote, things have been good at home.  However I did not get to watch the kids at sports day which is a change compared to when they were in their infants classes.  In addition to this, they had a celebration day last week where the work they do was put out for show.  And I missed that as well.  So yesterday, while I would normally spend the evening at work catching up on paperwork, I came home at a normal time.  This allowed me to spend time with the children where we caught up with episodes of Modern Family which my wife had watched without us.  While I had watched a few before, there were some that I missed.  My wife meanwhile had some much needed time with a friend of hers.  The kids loved it, they got to stay up late and they got to watch telly.  While I was doing some paperwork (by going through my e-mails) it was great to be with them.

So today, I had to go in to do some of the work that I had not done last night.  My wife had to take her car in and she wanted to take both the kids in with her. I did not feel that would be a good idea as the two would no doubt squabble.  So I offered to take one to work.  And I cycle there.  And a lot of it is uphill.  Well, my son took this up.  Now to put this in perspective, when I first cycled to my work, I had to walk a few times, and when I got to work, I had to lay down for about half an hour.  My son on the other hand was amazing.  Yes, he had to walk at times, but he cycled most of the way there.  We was great at work, reading, playing on his iPad and drawing a few things.  And then he did really well on the way back, but I forgot an important issue with kids and bikes, sugar.  It was coming up to lunch, he had not eaten much at breakfast and then we were cycling up hill.  Now up until now he had been awesome, a model son.  But then he became Hangry, and that was bad, very bad.  Tears, temper, hatred.  It took threats to get him home, but really, it was not his fault.  It was mine.  And since then, he has been fed and is back to being adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment