Wikipedia

Search results

Monday 11 January 2016

Beaver of the week

Just a few things to note.  My son is beaver of the week, and is very proud of being so.

The message is one my son wrote last year when I made him write some lines for being naughty.  He did not, but the content of what he did write made me laugh.  One of the many ways in which he, like his sister, makes me so proud.

Anyway, I made a post on the Voice yesterday, but I forgot to include some other singers who I thought were great and capable of winning.  I am sure I have missed a few so I will have to try to keep more up to date with this series!
And last of all, an update on chess, and the tournaments that I did not win.
The Speed King tournaments are fun in that the top three places normally are filled by at least one player of the rating that the tournament intended to play.  Unfortunately this is not the case with the Chess.com tournaments which are often won by players who tend to lose a few games for their rating to fall, and therefore enter a competition meant for players of a certain rating, who they then slaughter!  But when I play those games, my intention is to see if I can get out of the first round.

No comments:

Post a Comment