Wikipedia

Search results

Sunday, 6 September 2026

Return of the daughter


Our daughter is back from Albania. She had travelled there with a friend and was meant to return during the week, but when abroad her phone died.  We give our children hand-me-down phones and she pointed out that the phone she had was older than the dog. On occasion the phone will turn on, but will be green. I think it is communing with The Matrix. Needless to say I have been told not to tell her that! 

My wife and I drove to Heathrow with our dog in the back of the car to collect her and her friend. Having only one phone between them, the two wished to return from a nation, which while beautiful, was culturally quite different in their behaviour towards women.

Anyway, it is the twenty first birthday of our daughter next month, so I have bought her a brand new iPhone which will arrive tomorrow, which will be her early birthday present. She has promised to pay her friend back for the early flight home so will be returning to working for two days later this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment