Wikipedia

Search results

Thursday 29 August 2024

The Kill Room


My wife picked this film for us to watch at home while we are recovering from COVID. I loved it. Compared to the other films I have watched, this was like a breath of fresh air for my brain.  

This will not be for everyone, in fact, I doubt that most will like it.  If you liked American Fiction, you will probably like this.  Both have a twisted sense of humour, though here the laughs are a lot more bleak at times.  I will admit that I do not understand modern art. I like what I consider beauty, but there is a lot of art that I have no hope of appreciating. This film both pokes fun at and also explains art. The Guardian did not like it, but I suspect that the person reviewing it is able to see beyond what I can visualise when looking at contemporary art. 

When it comes to family, my son is still plague free and the rest of us are improving. I am not sure I will be able to work tomorrow, but if I can, even if it is from home, I will.  

No comments:

Post a Comment