Wikipedia

Search results

Saturday 15 June 2024

A Rainy Day in New York

First of all, family. My daughter has one exam left, my son has finished his and feels liberated now he is free.

So we trapped him. By this, I mean my wife and I trapped him on a trip to see my mother and my parents-in-law. A short day out was made a much longer one with lots of traffic on the way to see my mother. Normally we travel down early to avoid traffic, but my daughter wanted to be dropped off at the university library to revise for her last exam. We also had work being done at home, our boiler requiring replacement, my wife sorting this out with some interesting electrical issues.  Which meant that we needed to wait for this to be completed as well.

It was not just the traffic, the weather made things interesting, rain coming down in huge amounts interspersed by sunshine. We were to meet up with friends but have had to cancel due to exhaustion.

In fact, my wife and I have decided to watch A Rainy Day in New York.  While many have noted that Timothée Chalamet appears to be channeling Woody Allen, I think that other male characters are as well.  I am not sure if we have the strength to watch this though.



No comments:

Post a Comment