Wikipedia

Search results

Wednesday 24 April 2024

Rwanda (again)


The government have managed to get the Rwanda plan to be passed in the Houses of Parliament.

I am in favour of it. I suspect that Germany and Italy have no or few concerns about this as well.

But only if we have a decent way for refugees to come to our great nation.

With refugees from Ukraine, we welcomed them to our shores even though they were in safe countries.

We should do the same with asylum seekers from other nations. We have an insane system where people who helped us in Afghanistan cannot get to our nation. That should change. 

In addition to that, we should enter into discussions across the globe with how refugees should be managed.  Too many nations (not us) bear a burden of looking after refugees and they should be aided in this. In addition to this, not all refugees need to leave their nation, instead for some of the ones I have encountered, moving to another part of their own nation would be appropriate. But while I have met some refugees whom I would not grant asylum (based on what they told me), I have met far more whom I would grant asylum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment