Wikipedia

Search results

Wednesday 21 September 2016

When I’m Gone


Today was an interesting one.  On Wednesday mornings I look after the kids after my wife leaves for her work.  I take them to school (though normally she has fed them) after looking after them for a bit.  However, on the way to school, we realised that my son had left his glasses at home (again).  Fortunately, we were walking, and what we have been doing was walking on a different route to school, one which the kids can take themselves if needed if they have to go to school alone.  So, as I was walking with my bike, I cycled home, got the glasses and then cycled back to find the kids further down the road, as instructed.  But, my son now was feeling low and down, and had told my daughter that he wanted to die.  Well, it was an interesting conversation on the way to school talking about death, especially as a friend of his had a relative die that had affected him.  My son is amazing, and earlier in the week, when the boy broke down crying, gave him a hug.  But after school the kids were back to normal.

On the bright side, Arsenal are back to winning ways after escaping with a draw last week in the European Cup.  It was sad to see Jack Wilshere give away a free kick when playing for Bournemouth against the Manchester Team that rhymes with City from which the first goal in a 4-0 defeat occurred.  Maybe we can survive without him afterall.

And with chess, as you can see, I have won a game against a better opponent.  They had tried a gambit with a knight, but after it failed to checkmate me, I was left with the advantage, and for once, I was able to use it.
The update on tournaments won and lost includes
5th Friends & Family - won.
32nd Chess.com Quick Knockouts (1401-1600) - lost but I surprisingly gained tournament points in this despite finishing last in my group!
Two knights defense - finished joint second.
Episode 2 - finished joint 5th.
Wallyjacks 200th Anniversary Of Waterloo 18/6/1815 - 1302-1402 - 17th placed finish.




No comments:

Post a Comment