Wikipedia

Search results

Monday 8 August 2016

Day eight in France - The Cleaning Fairies

Today we have been to Bordeaux and I have to say, what an amazing city.

Our journey was forced due to the illness of my friend, or as others may term it, my iPhone.  I had it fixed last month after a few intermittent issues that it had, and got it back in the last week of July, but when in Bergerac, it sort of died.  Well, that is what I thought at first, but the screen had gone.   It was able to receive calls, and texts, as well as messages on Twitter, but there was no way to use my screen.  I tried the normal advice on a forced reset, but with no message on the screen, and limited internet access here at La Batellerie (I have it for now), there was no way to get it working.  So this morning, we travelled to Bordeaux.  We thought, from searching forums, that the issue would be with a connection to the screen, but on getting it there, we found that this was not going to be the case.  They offered to repair it, and they did try a low cost repair, but alas, this was not possible.

On the bright side we got to see the city of Bordeaux.  I had not expected it to be so pretty and it was great to see some of its sights.  We did not get the chance to explore it as much as I would like, but it would be great to return in a few years time.  My daughter took loads of pictures and did a bit of shopping while my son was patient and spent time with my while his mother and sister had other bits of fun.

Anyway, we are back at La Batellerie and it was great to come back to find that the cleaning fairies had been in.  My wife always said that they did not exist, but I now know otherwise!

No comments:

Post a Comment