Wikipedia

Search results

Monday 20 June 2016

Fathers Day 2016

My kids have been awesome today.  And my wife has been amazing as well.

In the morning, they gave me some presents which were great.  I had asked for ties, and they gave me them, but they came in wearing two t-shirts meant to me as well as bringing gifts (in addition to ties and the t-shirts).  After breakfast, it was a bike ride with the two of them.  Recently, I have been riding with my son more, for one reason or another, which meant that he has improved loads.  His sister however, while better appeared to be surprised at his improvement.  Like all siblings, the two are competitive, but despite them being much better than I was with my brothers I did not take full account of this.  There is a slight hill which the kids have issues getting up.  Yesterday when out on our bikes with my son (while my daughter was at a party) he made it up it (with a push), something his sister has not been given the opportunity to practice.  So today when riding around Abbey Fields which is near to where we live, my son made it up the hill.  To be fair to my daughter I had made her stop and wait at the bottom which took her momentum away, but the morning went downhill from there.

Later on they took me away for lunch to a place that we had not been before.  And we all liked it.  While I had wanted to sit next to the bouncy castle that the kids loved playing on, in the end we sat outside the front in the sun.  The food was good and the kids were entertained by a magician who came over to them.

Once home it was time to rest and watch Modern Family all together.




No comments:

Post a Comment