Wikipedia

Search results

Sunday 8 May 2016

The Fox (What Does the Fox Say?)


It has been a great Sunday.  It could have been better if Arsenal had won but a draw was better than a loss.  And it has been an interesting weekend for wildlife.  We have foxes living in our garden, or rather a mother fox and her cubs (also called pups or kits).  We have noted foxes in our garden ever since we have moved in, but there has been a fox seen more often of late.  And now its cubs have been seen.  I have to say, they are cute, but we would rather not have them here.  Especially as the kids do tend to leave things in the garden (we have lost footballs to them, and have had a softball bat chewed quite badly) and have gained trainers brought to the garden by them.  (It was a shock the first time it happened).  We know that there are at least two ways for them to get in, one being dug at our back fence, and at the back where a neighbours fence does not quite meet the back fence.  They love the playing fields at the back, but prefer our garden more.  

I did get to take my son out on his bike again today, while my wife, who's knee is improving went to the shops with my daughter.  It was a long ride, and once again, he has improved his stamina and as noted today, his speed.  As before, he was awesome, but the only downside of this was that on the way home, when cycling down a hill, he lost control and crashed.  We would not have been going so fast, but I encouraged him to do so.  To be fair to him, he cycled home (reluctantly at first) really well afterwards.  My daughter was not interested on going out on her bike as they both started to use their science kits when at home which allowed me to go out by myself and try to get fitter and they have now started to make some crystals.  I had the opportunity to increase my speed at cycling as well as trying to make it up a steep hill that is defeating me for now.


After this, it was time to do some much needed gardening.  To be fair, my wife did most while we helped.  I was given some simple work that I could not ruin (I hope) which involved taking dead things out of the ground, taking down some dead plants and making sure that everything fitted in the recycling bags that the council use and collect every other week.  In addition to this, my wife made me put up the birdhouses that the children had painted earlier in the year, a lot earlier in the year.  After this it was a trip to Tony and Isobel to watch the Arsenal game.  I had hoped that The Manchester team that rhymes with City would have won against Real Madrid, on penalties, but that did not happen.  After a very nervy start and going down a goal (and after equalising, another) I thought we did quite well.  While I think that it is a disappointment that we did not take the opportunity to finish top of the league, it is much more of an issue for them.  While we have put together an expensive team, others have spent more and our opponents today have the most expensive squad, featuring several of our old players.

Anyway, time for bed.  Goodnight!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment