Wikipedia

Search results

Friday 25 March 2016

Man – So what do you do for a living? Woman – I’m a female impersonator.

Yesterday I got to see one of the plays my son was in.  I have still yet to be able to watch my daughter in a play, but my wife had booked a day off work for me which allowed me to to watch the Pied Piper of Hamelin.  Watching them grow is always a joy and my son was very proud of his part in the play.  As anyone who has seen the last post will know, this did result in an argument when my son was ill.  He is annoyed as apparently it was not a dress rehearsal that he missed, rather it was his year performing the play for the infants.  But he did get to be there as part of the performance for the junior class, and of course, for the parents.  I did get to see my daughter on the way to watch the play as she was going from one class into another.  I resisted the urge to hug and kiss her, which she told me was a good thing as she says that she would not have forgiven me.  While I am glad that they are growing, I do miss bits of them being younger, one of the things being how they were happy to hold my hands on the walk to school.  Something that they are too cool to do now as it is embarrassing.  I am lucky that I get to experience this (even though I want more) as too many, for one reason or another do not get to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment