Wikipedia

Search results

Monday 14 March 2016

I forgot to post a picture



When I made my post yesterday, I realised that I had forgotten to post a picture taken on the ride.  

My daughter took me around the area as she had been here before and we saw the Roman Circus Centre, but as it was closed, and we were without my son, we did not enter it.

Anyway, an update on chess with me.  Here is a list of the tournaments I have not won but took part in.  For some, I had a chance, for others, I had no chance, but it offered me a learning experience.

Top of the Pops 15

Speed King #112 - Very fast players 4(2)->2 U1500

taechess and friends

House Arryn

Death to Rebel Scum iii

House Tully








But my best games in a while have happened today.  I have lost quite a few games today, but I have won two games against opponents much better than me.  One resigned which was great as otherwise I would probably have made an error in the end game but the other was even better as it involved both a bishop and a knight sacrifice to gain position and then win the game.  I do not think that the opening strategy that I have been using is a standard one which equals the playing field when I play against those who have memorised different openings.  

But while I am proud of those two victories, I still have made some very silly mistakes, one a defeat against another parent at our local school yesterday who took the opportunity to punish me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment