Wikipedia

Search results

Wednesday 11 February 2015

I've been listening to my radio all night. It's definitely off

Good evening.  It had been a while since I posted about the family.  They are doing well, but I have to say that I am getting annoyed that they are growing.  They are of the view that I will be the shortest in the family.  Not counting the women and their grandfather that is.  They state that out of my siblings, I am the little one.  But I am the oldest and therefore my siblings are by definition, little.

My birthday has passed and we spent it at the Old Siege House.  I have always loved the setting, though this time, the food, while good, was not as good as I was hoping it would be.  I am spoilt in that I have a wife who is an amazing cook, but that means that I am more fussy when we do eat out.  And for many, I would say that the food is good.  It may have been an issue that we went midweek, but the great thing was that the staff were friendly, let us in early when it was freezing cold outside and while the waitress was not able to answer questions about the food when asked, she was more than happy to ask about it.  The downside was that the kids food was charged at full price (though that may have been due to use using a Tastecard there) and as I said, the food was not as nice as I would have liked.  We may go back there again, but I suspect if we do, it will not be for a long time.

More recently, we ate in a place in East London called the Taste of India.  Now there the food was great, the service not as good as it was at the Old Siege House, it never is, but the service is okay.  The food, vegetarian, has never disappointed us.  Now that is somewhere that we will keep going back to when we are in the area.

I am going to have to go, and that means that I will not be able to discuss the Arsenal game.  Needless to say those I meet at work who support the other team are happy...

No comments:

Post a Comment