Wikipedia

Search results

Friday, 11 September 2026

September 11th

Twenty five years ago, I came home from work for lunch.  I switched on the television and saw images after the first World Trade Centre had been hit.  From what I remember at the time, it was thought to be an accident.  And then the world saw another plane fly into the second tower. We realised then that the United States was under attack. 

I had an educational session that day and I went to it and told the others that planes had flown into The World Trade Centres, but the others there did not seem to pay much attention to it. By the time I returned home, we knew more.

I remember having tears in my eyes at the bravery of the emergency workers who ran into the first tower as people fled it so that they could save lives and fight the inferno that later destroyed the tower.  The world was shocked.

I was disgusted with the way that healthcare for those emergency workers who attended this was cut.  I am saddened with the way Donald Trump is lying about where he was on the day.  We are used to him lying, but this one is so easily shown to be one. 



No comments:

Post a Comment