Wikipedia

Search results

Sunday 10 December 2017

Snow!

The kids loved the snow today.  As you can see, from the picture that my daughter took when it started, it did not appear to be too bad, but it quickly got worse.

We were to travel to London to see my mother, but the roads quickly became treacherous and after explaining the risks of travelling so far to my mother, we went to the shops.  The journey was 'interesting' and one of our neighbours who went out soon after us had to leave their car and walk home.  We were lucky and on the way back, with the traffic and more snow, I took a route back that was as flat as I could find.  One of our friends, David was here and looked after my son when this went on.

Once at home, my daughter and I had a snowball fight before I took the shopping in, something both her and my son did after our late breakfast as cooked by David.  He was glad to get help from others to take her on, her being the tallest in the snowball fight, and despite not being the oldest, this meant that she was the main target!  I am not sure if she was a bit annoyed that the older girl in the street was not the target of this.  I presume that the other girl joined in with the concentrated snowball assault on my daughter.

Anyway, they are asleep, and David has left, reaching his destination safe and sound. Driving tomorrow morning will be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment