Wikipedia

Search results

Saturday 9 September 2017

Heritage Day in Colchester


Today was heritage day in Colchester.  And we took advantage of this.  First of all it was a quick drive around town for Pokemon Go, but after breakfast we explored one area we had not been to before.

Following the local politicians on Twitter I learned that a local private school had its doors open to allow people to take in the view from its battlements.  Three girls from my daughters old school go there, so she was understandably curious and my son and I both were as well.  And it was worth the walk there.  The staff there were pleasant and friendly teaching us a lot about the history of the building and allowing us (and others) to take in the view.  She is glad that she got into her school, but if she had not, I imagine that she would have loved to go there.

After that, it was a walk down to the boys Grammar School and again a tour where we learned about the history of the school which was fascinating.  My son would love to get into the school, and time will tell if he can or not.

Anyway, we ended the day watching Strictly Come Dancing and the kids are getting much needed rest.  I say we ended, as I have stayed up to watch Arsenal on Match of the Day.  It is always great to see Arsenal play, though this game against Bournemouth did not really test our suspect defence.

No comments:

Post a Comment