Wikipedia

Search results

Monday 26 December 2016

Hate leads to suffering


I have been involved in an interesting discussion on Twitter with a tweeter about Jews.  I am of the view  that a religion should not be defined by standards not applied to others and that hatred and extremism corrupts the core message of most religions (santanism being an obvious exception).

This discussion had started when I had responded to a tweet about an LBC presentor and links to Zionism. Since then it has resulted in one poster accusing me of racism despite my repeated statements that all racism is wrong.  Sadly it appears that hatred may have blinded them. I say appear, as I may be wrong on this matter.

Anyway, for the record, I don't like the current actions of the state of Israel towards those in the West Bank, and the way that Gaza is being treated. But people have to remember that Israeli Arabs have more rights than Palestinians in Gaza. As for if one side is right or wrong people have to remember that the history of both Arabs and Jews in the area is riven with horrors.  Sadly some decide to deny history and in this discussion, several people have redefined history to say Jews never lived in the Holy Land. But such bias has been present on the other side with some stating that Israel has just taken land where it was not being used before.

I remember that wrath, which also applies to hate is one of the seven deadly sins and the reason for this is that hatred begets hatred.  Only through love and tolerance can we learn to live together.

So let me go on record, that I want a just peace for all in the Holy Land. If that makes me racist, then so be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment