Wikipedia

Search results

Wednesday 27 July 2016

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder


Life has been interesting for the children, they are off school and at present they seem to love it. And most of the time they appear to be getting on.  Which is great for my amazing wife who has to look after them most of the time.  On Saturday, as normal, I went to work, but instead or working around East Anglia has I have been doing for the last few years, I am now catching up on paperwork in my normal job.  While it means that I am still working, it means that it is closer to home, which means that I can use the bike that I had bought years ago to ride to work.  Which I feel is great for me as this means that I am getting fitter.  While I still may have a heart attack or stroke, it means that statistically, I am more likely to survive it.  But it is the enjoyment at doing this as well which is amazing.  And of course, the children now ride their bikes, which means that they are becoming healthier, though I have not had the chance to ride with them recently.

So, on Saturday, after getting back from work, we went to a friends where we were going to have lunch, but for one reason or another, things did not work out that way.  Later that day, it was off to another friends.  There in addition to dinner, we did have wine and a drink that I have not had for ages, absinthe.  Come the morning, while my wife wanted us to have a day in Mersea, instead we stayed at home and did some much needed gardening.  The kids got to play in the inflatable pool, though I am not sure this is something that can be used again, and they helped us while the garden got some TLC (it needs a lot more).  Apart from one event where my daughter attacked my son, things were great between them.
 As I type now, the kids are in bed.  My mother-in-law has come to help us while we are working, and the kids have watched the BFG today.  Anyway, it is time for me to get some sleep, so good night!

Mrs. Green lived in two story house together with an elderly widow. After not hearing from her for a few days, she got a bit nervous. “John”, she called to her son “do me a favor and go find out how old Mrs. Robinson is.” So six year old John went down the stairs and knocked on Mrs. Robinson’s door. “So how is she?” asked Mrs. Green when John came back up. “How is she?” repeated John “I’ve never seen her so mad in my life, she said it’s none of your business how old she is.”

No comments:

Post a Comment