Wikipedia

Search results

Wednesday 8 June 2016

I missed half term

Last week was one which, considering it was a holiday for the kids, that they enjoyed.  They had friends over, and we also had the street party.  We were aided by the arrival of my mother in law who helped look after the children.  She had been hoping to take them out and about town, but rain stopped that, but fortunately the weather improved.

While my drive to exercise has improved, I was not able to take the children out as much as I wanted.  On the weekend I was at work for a lot of the day, then in the evening we entertained, my wife preparing, once again, an amazing meal.  It was a late night, and while I had wanted to be able to be able to take the children out on their bikes in the morning, a combination of alcohol, fatigue and the need to mow the lawn meant that I was not able to do so.  Saying that, as you can see from the picture, the garden needs a lot of work.  And I actually feel that I am more able to do it compared to how I was before the kids and I started to exercise more.  We did attend the street party, I think that the kids had a great time.  And for the first time in seven years, when it came to rounders, I managed to hit the ball!

I however have been able to ride my bike more.  My Wednesday job has moved locations, and this means that I have limited parking there, which now means that I am going to have to cycle to work.  Being further away, I was not sure that I would be able to do this, but a practice run on Saturday showed that I could do it, and I did so today.  Last week I rode my bike for the first and last time into what is now the old site where I used to work on a Wednesday, today, I managed to get to the new place, sweaty, out of breath, but there.  The kids though were very annoyed with me.  I had intended to get them to ride their bikes to school (and therefore back again) but I had not realised that their backpacks which are quite slack would be suitable for this.  Well I did, but only a few minutes before we were meant to leave, which meant that there was no time to fix things.  I have to get this sorted out for next week though, or they will never let this go!

No comments:

Post a Comment