Wikipedia

Search results

Sunday 3 April 2016

Ever Wonder? Whose cruel idea was it for the word “Lisp” to have the letter “S” in it?


The pictures are from our garden, taken today by my daughter while I was mowing the lawn.  She was going around taking pictures with her brother (I hope to post some of his pictures at a later date).  There was a lot of grass to cut, and today was a great day to do so.  While I had been hoping to do this on Wednesday, I felt it was too wet to do so quickly, so instead, did it today.  Over this time, we played catch in the garden every now and then.

Afterwards, it was the bike ride that the kids now love, though this time I went with my son at first, and then later, my daughter.  I took my son to one of the Skate Park's in Colchester.  We had been there before, but I did not feel that he was up to trying it today.  And today he gave it ago.  I did not think that he should give it a go, there were other kids there (who were okay about him giving it a go), but he went for it.  He did slip, into a puddle, along with a girl who was using a scooter at the time, but got up and continued.  I have to say, he is amazing.  I would not have had the courage to try it and would have been too embarrassed to continue if I had fallen, but he is much braver than I am.  To say that I was glowing with pride was an understatement.

And of course, my daughter also did well with her outing.  It was a route that we had been on before and she did very well cycling faster than she had done before (which meant more exercise for me).  The only downside was that both kids were tired and this did mean snapping at each other and tears, and my wife has quite rightly given be a warning about this.

Anyway, time for bed.  Goodnight!  




No comments:

Post a Comment