Wikipedia

Search results

Sunday 27 March 2016

Easter Sunday


The children love Easter, the eggs and the time with family and the eggs and did I mention the chocolate? While yesterday we spent time with Isabel and Alastair and their two lovely children today we met up with Sally, Tony and kids.  I had been hoping that we would get to go to Warwick Castle, but this was not a popular choice with the children and due to the threat of rain, my wife.  So after meeting up, then having coffee, a chat and then lunch, it came down to two choices, the Sealife Centre in Birmingham or ice skating in Tamworth.  So, with my wife having symptoms of a bad cold, we went ice skating.

My wife did not feel well enough to skate so watched from the sidelines.  One of Tony and Sally's kids had to be left behind to prepare for exams but the other two were great with our kids.  I spent the time glued to the sides and occasionally getting stuck in the gap between railings when the outer circuit met the inner rink but the kids with the a little help from our friends (okay, a lot of help) did much better than me and got to see what the middle of the rink looked like.  My daughter is hooked and my son may be so (but at present may be to cool to say so).  I had been skating once in the distant past, over twenty years ago, and my lack of skill and terror came flooding back.  While I only fell once, my amazing children fell more, but both were much braver than me and tried harder and achieved so much more than I ever have.  It was a new experience for them and they really appreciated the chance to find out what skating is like.

I have told them that they can post about their experiences on this blog, but both are a bit too tired to do so right now.  They may do so in the future and hopefully will contribute pictures, like that from my daughter which is above, in the future.  Anyway, now it's time for dinner.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment