Wikipedia

Search results

Wednesday 5 August 2015

Montone

Just a quick post.  Today we went to Montone a beautiful town in Umbria.  We were hoping to make it to the market in Umbertide but left things too late and arrived as it was closing up.  So we continued in the car and went for a little adventure.

Montone is a town full of history and character.  The children were taken by the square that we entered and loved the ice cream that we ate at the Gelateria in the Square.  We ate just outside Umbertide at Ristoro in Campagna, a place with no fixed menu.  I liked lunch but I am very glad that my wife was there as they speak a bit of English but I would have been very lost without her.  I would consider returning but would recommend it to others to try.

A trip to the pool when we were back followed by Pizza Night with a show by the children at the end.  All in all, a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment