Wikipedia

Search results

Wednesday 12 May 2010

Strattons Swaffham review

Evening all again.  Time to post again.  I have put the kids to sleep after reading them Toy Story.  Both love it, my son loves Buzz, and since he has got a Woody doll, Woody as well.


But now we are on holiday.  In Norfolk.  We are staying in a place in Cranmer which the kids love.  I will have to remember to write a review on it later once we have left.  Started however with a trip to Swaffham and a stay in a place called Strattons.

It was lovely.  We had stayed there before BC (before kids) and loved it then.  It has interesting decor, which in general you love or hate.  Me, I liked bits, and did not like others as much.  One bit that was there last time we stayed was a light piece in the main reception room.  Last time, I nearly broke it!  Initially I did not like it.  I thought it was awful.  But the more I looked at it, the more it grew on me.  Intricate, there was so much to notice, a bit like the decor.  While you may not like it at first, there is a lot to take in.  And while you may not like all of it, if you are like me, you will find pictures or other things there that you do like.

The room was great, and set up brilliantly for kids.  Unfortunately, there are no chickens in the courtyard as there were before.  Apparently, too many accidents with cars and dogs.  But the food...  For kids, there is a deli which will serve dinner for kids at a time that allows the adults to go to bed.  We took our own intercom, but apparently they have a listening service that they offer.  Now when it came to the food, I wanted to cry.  My starter was nice.  Good food, and in itself, very good.  but the main course...  I wanted to cry.  I could not finish it.  I love steak, and they did it to perfection.  Full of flavour and tender, I could eat it over and over again.  It was one of the best three beef meals I have ever had, the other two were one in Madeira and the other at Locanda Locatelli. I have to recommend the place, both as a restaurant and a boutique hotel.

Anyway time to post a picture. It is a fake, the headline was Cameron and Clegg (begin) running the country.  But this made me laugh!



An interesting deal considering that the Tories were against a coalition.   They said a hung parliament would be bad for Britain and Cameron considered Clegg to be a joke!

I will see if I can post more details on the holiday tomorrow.  Take care all.   

No comments:

Post a Comment