Wikipedia

Search results

Sunday 20 September 2009

The past is memory, the future a mystery and now is a gift, which is why they call it the present


Evening all.  And in bed with my missus.  And we are both ill.

But never mind, the kids, who were ill are almost back to normal.  This weekend, I took the kids to see my mother (and they also got to see my two brothers for a short period of time) and we watched Kung Fu Panda and the Cannonball Run II.  Also, of course, we have taken time to watch Strictly Come Dancing and my daughter has now watched some of the BBC Narnia series.  I had to have Friday of due to a doctors appointment.  Or rather a hospital appointment.  My wife was concerned I had something serious.  I was not.  Fortunately, I was right, this time.  She was quite concerned about me and her worry has made her stressed, and now she is ill.  Mind you, the rest of us are as well.  Nothing like Swine Flu, just a series of bad colds, one after the other.

Anyway, time to go to bed.  I hope you like the joke.  And good night. 


Saturday morning I got up early, quietly dressed, made my lunch, and slipped quietly into the garage. I hooked up the boat up to the van, and proceeded to back out into a torrential downpour. The wind was blowing 50 mph, so I pulled back into the garage, turned on the radio, and discovered that the weather would be bad all day.

I went back into the house, quietly undressed, and slipped back into bed. I cuddled up to my wife's back, now with a different anticipation, and whispered, "The weather out there is terrible."

My loving wife of 5 years replied, "Can you believe my stupid husband is out fishing in that?"

And that's how the fight started...

No comments:

Post a Comment