Wikipedia

Search results

Sunday 27 September 2009

The end of the weekend

Tired once again.

Took the kids to see my mother on Saturday.  They got to see my two brothers and Jess (the youngest ones good looking partner).  Both loved playing with Dougal, who according to the older of my two brothers, is never as excited as he is when he sees my two kids.  My mother bought my eighteen month old son a toy motorbike.  A shame it says (clearly) in the packaging that it is not suitable for kids under 36 months!  She also got some things for my daughter, but taking them home, I found out that they were already broken!

Today my wife's parents got back from holiday.  I did not get to see the reaction as the kids saw them this morning as I sadly was at work.  But I did get to see them this afternoon.  Had to look after them this evening as I had arranged for my wife to go to a wine tasting at a nearby wine shop.  She cooked for them before she left, and all I had to do was feed them.

I can not remember if I have said this before, but my son loves meat, and my daughter hates anything with calories in it.  A bit of an exaggeration I guess.  But to make the meal interesting, I changed the Roast Chicken to roast seagull, carrots became Monkey Fingers, beans were rat's tails and the potatoes were hamster brains.  While it may sound gross, it got my daughter to eat loads, and with little fuss.  The only down side was that I had to make up a story as to why she was eating each item.  Mind you, that was not really that much of a downside!

No comments:

Post a Comment